This is an invitation — an opportunity for corporations and foundations to become a part of TED’s global culture of innovation. Participatory, informal and explosive, these partnerships bring experts from the TED community and industry together to work on projects that require different points of view. Here is how you can partner with TED:
TED.comAlign your message with TED Talks
TED.com connects a universe of curious and engaged thinkers around the world. We connect your message with a global community across all of TED’s media platforms, including TED.com, mobile and our international distribution network. Our talks have been viewed by a global audience over 2 billion times in over 104 languages with deep user engagement – and our most successful talks are watched millions of times. All TED Talk sponsorships include a pre-roll slate, post-roll video, a logo unit and a companion unit. These elements provide a clean, seamless way of merging the TED.com aesthetic with our partner’s brand. Each element provides the opportunity for a user to click through and learn more about the partner brand on a designated website or to discover a unique experience created in partnership with TED – think talk playlists, sponsored TED Conversations, a custom content series or social media activations.
TED ConferencesConvene and connect at TED conferences
We work with each partner to determine how your story intersects with the TED audience’s interests. Through experiential cafes, programming, and workshops integrated throughout the conference, we use big ideas to connect your brand with the influential TED community.
Upcoming TED conferences include:
- TED2015, March 16-20, 2015, Vancouver, Canada
- TEDActive 2015, March 16-20, 2015, Whistler, Canada
- TEDWomen 2015, May 27-29, 2015, Monterey, CA, USA
TED InstituteAmplify ideas in your organization
We know that innovative ideas and fresh approaches to challenging problems can be discovered inside visionary organizations around the world. The TED Institute helps surface and share these insights.
WHAT IS THE TED INSTITUTE?
Every year, TED works with a group of select companies and foundations to identify internal ideators, inventors, connectors, and creators. Drawing on the same rigorous regimen that has prepared speakers for the TED main stage, TED Institute works closely with each partner, overseeing curation and providing intensive one-on-one talk development to sharpen and fine tune ideas. The culmination is an event produced, filmed, and hosted by TED, generating a growing library of valuable TED Talks that are spread strategically across all of TED’s communication platforms.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Partners who participate in this program are selected based on the richness of their experience, the breadth of their enterprise, and the potential to create impact by leveraging TED’s storytelling, curation, and strategic thinking capabilities. Ideal members of the TED Institute are also keen to invest and participate in the larger TED eco-system. TED Institute partners join the broader TED community with engagements at TED conferences and share insights from within their organizations across all TED’s media platforms.
TED Programs & InitiativesTap into the TED community
The TED community encompasses a group of leading thinkers from around the world who regularly work together to solve problems. We can work with you to convene a group of TEDsters whose interests overlap with your own to pursue big ideas relevant to your organization.
- TEDx Program: The TEDx Program lets individuals, organizations and communities worldwide hold local, independent TED-like events. To date, more than 9000 TEDx events have been held in 150 countries.
- TED Fellows Program: The TED Fellows program invites innovators from around the globe to become part of the TED community, and amplifies the impact of their remarkable work. CASE STUDIES: Lincoln, Knight, Autodesk
- TED-Ed: TED-Ed offers original, animated video lessons –to watch online or use in the classroom. Educators can use the TED-ED website to take any video and build a customized lesson around it. CASE STUDIES: Kohl’s, IBM, Toyota
- TED Prize: The TED Prize is a $1 million award, given annually to an exceptional individual with “One Wish to Change the World”
- TED Open Translation Project: The Open Translation project (OTP) invites volunteers worldwide to subtitle TED Talks. To date, over 15,000 volunteers have created more than 50,000 translations in 104 languages CASE STUDIES: Skype
- Ads Worth Spreading: Ads Worth Spreading is TED’s initiative to recognize and reward innovation, ingenuity and intelligence in advertising — the ads that people want to see and share with their friends.